Contact Grimette Reaper

If you would like me to publish a post please email me grimette.reaper@hotmail.co.uk I will check this email most days.

Sunday 1 August 2010

Press Complaints Commission

Complainant Name:

Mr Peter Hogan

Clauses Noted: 1

Publication: WalesOnline

Complaint:
Mr Peter Hogan, former Warden of Llandovery College, complained to the Press Complaints Commission that - following the settlement of a dispute being heard at an employment tribunal between the College and Mr Albert Jones - the newspaper had only reported the views of Mr Jones and the current College administration. He considered that the article had been misleading by omission of his position.

Resolution:
The matter was resolved when the PCC negotiated the addition of the following statement to the online version of the article:

As Headmaster it was my duty to look into serious matters raised in relation to Mr Jones and to deal with them appropriately. The allegations of bullying later made against me by Mr Jones were investigated by the Board of Governors and overseen throughout by Sir David Mansel Lewis (now deceased) - it came as a great relief when these allegations were not upheld.
The events in question were complex and took place over five years ago. I am sorry that Mr Jones has been so upset and that matters could not have been resolved earlier. Then as now I bear him no malice. I hope he can put this difficult time behind him and I wish him every success in his current teaching post.

Peter Hogan

Date Published: 14/06/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment